DotYork 2017 will take place on Thursday 9th November 2017 and our call for speakers is now open.
If you’d like to apply, you have until the end of August to submit your proposal.
DotYork is a single-track conference split into 4 sessions. Each session will focus on a specific topic and feature up to 5 speakers.
Our audience is typically split as 30% developers, 30% designers and 30% business owners (with the other 10% made up of people who have an interest in digital).
We’re looking for
All talks are 10 minutes long. As well as giving your talk, you’ll be part of a panel for the duration of that session, answering audience questions and joining in with the discussion where appropriate.
We’re looking for talks that will fit loosely into one of the following areas:
- Design - psychology of design, patterns, semiotics
- Development - performance, single-page applications, mobile (Talks should not contain any code)
- Business - taking risks, start-up stories
- Personal - remote working, mindfulness/stress
You don’t have to be an experienced speaker but you do need to agree to adhere to our code of conduct.
In return for you sharing your experience, we can offer:
- A speaker’s dinner on the evening of the 8th November
- Travel to and from York
- A hotel for up to 2 nights
- A speaker fee
The call for speakers for Dot York 2017 has now closed. Applicants will hear back during September.
We plan to host a number of workshops on Friday 10th November. If you have an idea for a workshop you’d like to run then please complete this form.
Email Rick if there’s anything else you need to know.