We’ve tried to make DotYork a conference that everyone can enjoy without needing visible “special effort”. Here’s what you can expect without having to ask:
- The conference and break-out venues are accessible by ramps and gently sloping pathways.
- Service dogs are welcome
Sight & Sound
- Talks are in English, with live captioning
- The front row is marked for the exclusive use of people who need it
- We won’t photograph you from the front if you’re wearing a “no-photos’ badge (you can request one when you buy a ticket)
Food & Drink
- There will be vegan and gluten-free options for lunch that you don’t need to book
- There will be water available in the break-out space at all times
- The social event afterwards has plenty of non-alcolohic drinks
- Toilets in our break-out space are stall-based and have been liberated from the gender binary. They are available throughout the day.
- Working with a local childcare agency, we have arranged on-site childcare available all day. To find out more and book this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We prominently display the conference’s Code of Conduct so nobody can miss it.
- Our whole team is available, visible and trained to look out for and respond to small violations before they become big ones.
If we missed you out (or it looks like we might have), sorry :(
Please email email@example.com and let us know - we will try to make extra provision and update this statement accordingly.